Common Types of Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents are an unfortunately common occurrence that can result in very serious, devastating personal injuries and death. In most cases, people who are hurt in car accidents suffer impact injuries, whether from getting slammed into the interior of a vehicle upon colliding with another car or object, or from getting thrown from the car. There are numerous different types of car accident injuries that can range from minor cuts and scrapes to more serious brain or spinal cord injuries.
Even the most minor of accidents can result in serious injuries for the driver of a car, the passengers, and anyone else who may have been involved. However, the most serious injuries take place after severe, high-impact collisions.
Most Common types of Injuries from Car Accidents:
- Head Trauma – Impact collisions that cause those in the vehicle to be whipped around oftentimes result in head injuries. Whether a person’s head is slammed against the dashboard, side door, steering, wheel, or head rest at high speeds, it can lead to serious trauma that may have a large impact on the person’s life and future.
- Bone Fractures – For many, being involved in an accident results in a sudden and intense stress that leads to broken bones. Leg and hip injuries are especially common, leaving the affected person unable to walk from several months or more.
- Whiplash – Perhaps one the most common injuries from a car accidents, whiplash can occur even if the vehicle occupants are wearing seatbelts. When the head is forced to move quickly and violently back and forth, it can put a lot of strain on the muscles and ligaments within the neck, which can result in debilitating injuries.
- Chest Injuries – Chest injuries are extremely common after a car accident, as the crushing impact of a collision can break ribs or the sternum, especially if the driver or passenger is not wearing a seatbelt. Airbags significantly reduce the severity of chest injuries, however, they can still occur and be very serious.
- Sprains – The intense force placed upon the body in a car crash can be very hard on a person’s joints, muscles, and ligaments. As a result, strains are quite common and, while not the worst possibly injury, are still very serious.
Personal injury attorneys understand how life-changing these types of injuries can be and are committed to doing everything in their power to ensure you receive the justice and compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a car accident due to the negligence of another person, you me able to pursue legal action. Our personal injury lawyers are well-equipped to provide you with the legal insight and dependable instruction necessary in order to get you what you need to recover. Contact AMA Law today.