Family Law & Divorce Order Modifications in Oklahoma

May 24, 2014
by Adler Markoff & Associates

Request A Free Consultation

(405) 607-8757

    Family Law & Divorce Order Modifications in Oklahoma

    Your personal life is one that constantly changes. Different relationships and different circumstances can quickly evolve for better and for worse. In these situations, individuals who are affected by certain family law orders can petition for modifications that better fit their unique circumstances.

    Whether it is divorce, child custody, child support or any other related family law matter, courts may issue orders that require individuals to meet certain requirements. These requirements may include making payments or upholding certain obligations. When a change in circumstances makes it so that you are unable to meet these requirements, or when a change in circumstances significantly changes your situation, you can ask the court to modify an order.

    At AMA Law, our Oklahoma family lawyers have assisted numerous individuals and families who were seeking modifications. Examples of the cases we can handle include:

    Modifications to child custody, child support, or visitation rights

    Spousal support modifications

    Changes in income or employment and other hardships

    Relocation and changes in location

    Modifications of restraining orders

    The most common modifications made are those relating to children. Parents may agree to amend child custody orders from sole to joint custody or from joint to sole custody. Changes in circumstances and the changing needs of children and families may also result in the need for modifications to child support or visitation orders. You can learn more about post-decree modifications and child custody orders in our video center.

    Regardless of the case, our Oklahoma divorce lawyers make it a point to work personally with clients so that we have a clear understanding of their situation, needs, and goals. We then apply decades of legal experience to help our clients achieve their objectives.

    If you would like more information about modifications of family law orders, or if you wish to discuss your case with a member of our legal team, complete a free case evaluation form or call 405-256-2606. We represent residents throughout the state of Oklahoma.

    Request a free consultation

    (405) 607-8757