Visitation Rights Without Custody Agreement in Oklahoma

May 22, 2014
by Adler Markoff & Associates

Request A Free Consultation

(405) 607-8757

    Visitation Rights Without Custody Agreement in Oklahoma


    Katie* emailed AMA Law Family Law about an inquiry regarding visitation rights.

    Katie* has been granted child support, and the child’s father has not been around for two years. He now wants to be apart of her son’s life. Katie* believes he is a danger to her son, but knows that he does have some rights.

    She asks AMA Law to help her file for sole custody without visitation.

    “Can you please tell me what I need to do?” sent by Katie*


    Jerri Neighbors, Family Law Lawyer at AMA Law responds to this question.

    “Thanks for your inquiry. In order for your son’s father to gain visitation, hw will have to file a paternity action. That will be your forum to prove that he is a danger to your son and gain sole custody.”

    “At this point, since there is no custody or visitation arrangement, your son’s father does not have any rights to visitation.”

    “You could also file a paternity action to establish custody and visitation.”

    If you or some you know need any help regarding family law problems please contact our firm.

    *Name has been changed for client’s privacy.

    Request a free consultation

    (405) 607-8757