When to Hire a Social Security Disability Attorney
Security Disability (SSD) benefits provide those who have become disabled and are unable to work with the financial help and support they need. However, the process to be awarded these benefits is a complicated one that requires a lot of paperwork and knowledge about the legal system. If you are considering hiring a disability attorney to help you with your Social Security case, it is important that you understand their role in this process. There are many great benefits to hiring a knowledgeable attorney to deal with your disability case, including an increased chance of your case being approved. In fact, Social Security is more likely to approve an applicant who is being represented by a lawyer than one who is not. Here at AMA Law, our disability attorneys have the knowledge and experience necessary to walk you through the entire SSD benefits process, from the initial application to the hearing and beyond. The paperwork for the initial application is extremely important and can determine how your entire case will go, which is where a lawyer comes in. A disability attorney will be able to advise you on all aspects of the application, ensuring nothing is missed and everything is properly filled out.
Pros of Hiring a Disability Attorney
Here is a look at some of the top reasons why you may benefit from hiring a disability attorney:
- They are bound by professional conduct rules and ethical obligations to represent their clients
- They will keep anything you tell them confidential
- They have years of specialized training, which may better help them resolve any potential legal issues that arise
- They will be able to appeal your claim to the federal district court, if necessary
If you are considering filing for disability, it is recommended that you call a disability attorney for a consultation as soon as possible. The earlier you meet with an attorney, the quicker we will be able to help you evaluate your case and assist you with the initial application.
Reasons to Hire a SSD Lawyer
Here is a look at a few of the top reasons why you should consider hiring a SSD attorney:
- Because most SSD applications are initially denied. More than half of all disability claims are denied the first time around, according to the Social Security Administration. A qualified disability attorney will help you improve your claim’s chance of being approved by making sure your application is complete and nothing is missing.
- Because most SSD applications are denied for technical reasons. A large percentage of SSD applications are rejected for reasons that could have been avoided, such as technicalities. An experienced lawyer can help you avoid claim denial based on technical problems by going over your application with you in detail.
- Because disability attorneys have the experience necessary. An experienced SSD benefits attorney knows the ropes and how to deal with the SSD application and appeals processes. Having a disability attorney in your corner will increase your chances of a successful outcome.
- Because SSD benefits attorneys are effective. As mentioned above, disability applications are far more likely to be approved if backed by a lawyer. They can help expedite the entire process and ensure the claimant receives the benefits they deserve and that their application is approved.
If you are thinking about filing for SSD benefits, be sure and contact a disability attorney from AMA Law first.